Celebrate this Hallow's Eve and commit yourself to The Asylum to release your earthly inhibitions with two days of dancing on the dark side, October 28-29th, at Sam Houston Race Park. Enter if you dare, for a twisted celebration of freaks from far and wide as we come alive to discover Something Wicked at our spooky exploration of sound. The sixth annual music festival welcomes 45+ of today's most sinister selectors to run The Asylum with booming basslines heard for miles. Start planning now for a killer time!
Festivities take place on Saturday and Sunday of Halloween weekend with shows beginning in the afternoon and running all night.
Day 1: Saturday, October 28th
- Parking lots open at 2:00 PM
- Gates open at 3:00 PM
- Event ends at 12:00 AM
Day 2: Sunday, October 29th
- Parking lots open at 2:00 PM
- Gates open at 3:00 PM
- Event ends at 10:00 PM
The hotly anticipated lineup features a cross-section of genres including house, techno, trance, bass - and everything in between. Today's most sought-after producers will perform including nightly headliners Marshmello and Above & Beyond. Revel in the underworld of electronic artists and get into the spirit of Something Wicked as we invite 45+ devious DJs to work their black magic. Don't be afraid to cast spells on the dance floors and see what lies beyond the Shadowlands.
Explore the lineup to discover your favorite new artist, listen, and create your own schedule before going to the show!
It'll be good vibes only as we Celebrate Together(ness) to the eclectic tunes setting ablaze our three stages. Explore the diverse roster of talent and discover all the lineup has to offer, by following the hand-picked Spotify playlist for regular updates from our showcased beatmakers.
Arrive intent to dance your heart out and enjoy all that Something Wicked has to offer including three unique stage experiences, transportive festival features, and festive vendors.
The 2017 edition of Something Wicked revisits our stomping grounds at Sam Houston Race Park. Plot your arrival and departure with complete details about parking, or where to direct your cab for drop-offs and pick-ups. Plus, learn more about our official rideshare partner, Lyft, and special promotional offers to stay safe in transit.
Enter our crazy world with a reminder to have fun and Celebrate Safe. For tips to a successful festival mission take a look our pointers including how to stay cool, use the buddy system, and support fellow partygoers.
Make the most of our time at The Asylum and avoid problems along the way with a quick peek at the general festival guidelines. Stay informed preceding the event and avoid taking a seat on designated dance floor areas.
Something Wicked is open to fans who are ages 18 and above. To purchase and consume alcohol, you must be at least 21 years of age.
Code of Conduct
- NO Re-entry/Ins & Outs.
- NO Refunds or Exchanges.
- NO Sitting on Designated Dance Floor Areas.
- NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing, or Stage Diving.
- NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed.
- NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Giveaways, etc.
- NO Camping.
- NO Tailgating.
Every attendee (including media and guests) will be searched prior to entry with a TSA-style search, which includes emptying your pockets and bags, a full pat-down, an examination of items brought with you, and potentially a removal of your shoes. Police officers work both inside and outside our events with the aid of K9 units. All narcotics laws are strictly enforced. Something Wicked reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone.
The use or possession of any illegal drugs or substances will not be tolerated - either inside or outside the venue.
If you are found inebriated at the entrance, security will not allow you to enter the festival. Event staff reserves the right of admittance refusal.
Safety & Medical
In the First Aid tents located throughout the festival, you'll find teams of medical practitioners ready to care for your every need. If you or a friend is not feeling well, are lightheaded, nauseated, or have another medical need like blisters or a headache, please visit our friendly medical staff and feel free to ask a festival team member for assistance.
Few things are necessary to enjoy Something Wicked, but there are a couple items that you shouldn't leave home without. Showcase your squads' festival spirit with totems, flags, and costumes; but don't forget to bring your festival tickets and valid identification. When in doubt, please take a moment to reference our guide to the acceptable and prohibited items below including everything you can and cannot bring past the front gates.Please note: if at any time an acceptable item is deemed harmful to other patrons it may be confiscated, and retrieved after the event.
- OK Small Bags, Single Compartment Backpacks and Purses (Maximum 21" x 10" x 14").
- OK Fanny Packs.
- OK Reusable Something Wicked or Something Wonderful Aluminum Water Bottles (Arrive empty).
- OK Camelbaks (non multi-pocket, arrive empty).
- OK Clear Plastic Water Bottles (Limit one per person, arrive empty).
- OK Glowsticks, Flow-wands, Batons, or Orbs.
- OK Orbits, Flowlights, Poi, or Pixel Whips.
- OK Handheld Camera Devices (GoPro, Sony Action Cam, HTC Re Camera, etc. Must be 6" in size or less.)
- OK Selfie Sticks.
- OK Mobile Phones.
- OK Portable Battery Chargers.
- OK Lighters.
- OK Earplugs.
- OK Sunglasses.
- OK Hats.
- OK Ponchos.
- OK Glowing/Illuminated Costumes or Jewelry.
- OK Lip Liner, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Sealed Chapstick.
- OK Sealed Packs of Gum.
- OK Sealed Eyedrops.
- OK Sealed Tampons.
- OK Dry Makeup (NO liquid makeup).
- OK Sealed Sunscreen (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed Deodorant (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed/Disposable E-Cigarettes.
- OK Vaporized E-Cigarettes (Including refillable liquid chambers, must be empty upon arrival.)
- OK Sealed Packs of Cigarettes.
- OK Plastic Tarps and Blankets.
- OK Hula Hoops (Including LED).
- OK Fatheads and Posters.
- OK Flags, Decorated Pool Noodles, and Totems that DO NOT contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others. Totem Guidelines: Maximum height 10 feet, made from a lightweight material (foam, PVC, etc.). Poles must be no thicker than one inch in diameter and cannot contain solid metal pieces. Decorated pool noodles recommended. Any item deemed dangerous, promoting illegal activity, or hate speech will not be permitted. Totems are subject to inspection.
- NO Illegal Substances.
- NO Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia.
- NO Unopened Over the Counter Medications.
- NO Unopened Bottle of Vitamins.
- NO Animals (except service animals).
- NO Massagers.
- NO LED Gloves or LED Microlights.
- NO Laser Pointers.
- NO Pacifiers, Dust Masks, or Gas Masks.
- NO Glass, Cans, Cups, or Coolers.
- NO Markers, Pens, or Spray Paint.
- NO Large Chains or Spiked Jewelry.
- NO Stuffed Animals or Dolls.
- NO Stickers, Flyers, Banners.
- NO Inflatables, Balloons, Balls, Frisbees.
- NO Tents, Umbrellas, or Chairs.
- NO Bota Bags.
- NO Backpacks, Purses, or Bags larger than 21" x 10" x 14".
- NO Open Packs of Cigarettes.
- NO Unsealed Tampons.
- NO Liquid Makeup.
- NO Unsealed or Aerosol Sunscreen.
- NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol, Candy, etc).
- NO Musical Instruments (Including Whistles, etc).
- NO Tactical Gear.
- NO Walkie Talkies.
- NO Weapons of any Kind (Including Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc).
- NO Professional Recording Equipment - Photo, Video, or Audio (Including Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms, etc).
- NO Drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- NO Items deemed as posing a threat to the safe enjoyment of the concert by management.
- NO Totems which contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others. Totems and flags without these pieces are deemed safe and adhering to these guidelines will be allowed.
When it comes to essentials, we highly advise you wear a pair of comfy dancin' shoes, a big smile, and dress for the fest' in party attire. Feel free to let your freak flag fly and wear your festival colors loud and proud, but don't leave home without your ticket and valid photo ID!
Bring a copy of your ticket, either PDF or mobile QR code, along with ID card to the gates of Something Wicked to collect your festival wristband.
- Your Ticket (paper or digital) or Wristband.
- Your Valid Photo ID.
- Comfortable Clothing and Shoes.
- Smiles and Good Vibes.
- Festival Costumes Encouraged.
Few rules apply when it comes to dressing for the part at Something Wicked. Even if you don't want to shell out for an elaborate costume, there are things you can DIY whether you aim to fright or delight. Work on your disguise this Hallow's Eve with simple tricks, we know you can pull it off!
- No realistic looking weapons of any kind.
- Costume must be able to be taken off if deemed necessary for a proper search.
- If costume requires batteries, nothing larger than AA batteries.
The planning has commenced to prepare for Something Wicked with custom-made accessories for the squad including those beloved totem poles! So wave your Wicked pride sky high and spread the good vibes far and wide. Get crafty and don't hold back on a DIY decorating project, just keep the following totem guidelines in mind to ensure your Something Wicked gear passes through the gates with ease.
- We accept flags, decorated pool noodles, and totems that DO NOT contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or anything capable of being pounded into the ground and hurting others. Totems and flags without these elements are deemed safe, and adhering to these guidelines will be allowed.
- Maximum height 10 feet, made from a lightweight material (foam, PVC, etc.).
- Poles must NOT be thicker than one inch in diameter and cannot contain solid metal pieces.
- Decorated pool noodles recommended.
- Avoid any items deemed dangerous, promoting illegal activity, or hate speech will not be permitted. Totems are subject to inspection.
Apart from your ticket and good vibes, the most important thing to have is an accepted form of identification. Before you head to the park, make sure your ID is good to go!
- United States Passport.
- DHS "Trusted Traveler" Card (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST).
- United States Military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DOD civilians).
- Permanent Resident Card Border Crossing Card.
- DHS-Designated Enhanced Driver's License.
- Driver's Licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles or equivalent (Paper ID's are not permitted).
- Native American Tribal Photo ID.
- A foreign government-issued passport.
- Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) card.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Mexican Consulate ID (Only Permitted with a secondary form of ID - EX: School ID).
- Expired identification card.
- School identification card.
- License/ID card issued in countries other than the U.S. or Canada.
- Birth certificate.
- Social security card.
- Federal immigration card.
- Voter registration card.
- Copies of any acceptable forms of identification.
On the festival grounds of The Asylum you'll find a number of amenities including all the basics. Preview the list of comforts and conveniences provided on-site, so you can make the most of your time.
Lost & Found
Go to the Lost & Found should you misplace any personal belongings during the festival. Following the event, Lost & Found will remain at Sam Houston Race Park.
Water Refill Stations
We encourage our patrons to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water, as well as sports drinks in order to replenish the body's electrolytes. While you're here, fill up on H20 at any of our free water stations, or purchase water at various concession stands around the venue.
Stock up on the sickest merch to wear your festival colors loud and proud! Make sure this year's event is one you remember for a lifetime, mark the occasion with a piece of the Wicked collection.
Food and beverage stands are located throughout the event with roaming vendors carrying water and other beverages. Visit our vendors for something refreshing like fresh fruit and juices to combat the heat.
Bars located throughout the festival will serve beer and liquor. Service hours may be limited and you must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification.
Keep your hands-free on the dance floor by renting a personal locker, plus the option to include a phone charger. Yours for the duration of the fest', enjoy unlimited access as you hit the dance floor all day and night. Measuring approximately 8" high x 11" wide x 17" deep, a personal locker allows you to safely stash your belongings. For an added convenience, choose a locker with phone charging capabilities. Stow away your things and plug in your phone to keep the battery charged and stay tapped into all things Wicked.
Everything you need is already here! Load up on funds at the ATM to take advantage of all that Something Wicked has to offer.
We've accounted for the necessities to ensure your experience is seamless. For any forgotten items, or to lighten your load, swing by our on-site general store to pick up essentials.